Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Lastest Movie Run Down

I've been out of the going to the theaters and watching movies world for a bit...though I've caught a few, none have made me feel like writing much about them.  I've also gotten 3 months of free movie channels, so I've watched a bunch of older movies that either I had never heard of or have wanted to see.

Season of the Witch-though an interesting idea, I think something was lost along that journey the characters are on.

Tangled-SO worth watching :)  But I am a Disney fan.  It's cute and fun.

Love and Other Drugs-Good, sweet love story.  There are amusing parts, sad parts...but I felt like it might just be too long.

Charlie St. Cloud-This is a great, touching movie.  Too bad not too many saw it.  It's not the best in the world, but it's sweet.

Megamind- I was rather disappointed in this one.  It wasn't as amusing as it made itself out to be.

The Last Song-Fantastic story!!!  Too bad Miley Cyrus was in the lead role.  It would have been amazing with someone that could act!!

Do They Serve Beer in Hell-Actually, I was surprised by this one.  It was a typical college, boys being stupid adventure, but I was amused while watching.  The thing with this one, it was based on a true story.  It's not a great movie, but I was entertained, for a moment.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time- Loved this movie!!  It has a great story and action.  Kinda wishing I had seen it on the big screen...Parts of it certainly remind me of Aladdin, but it's a fun adventure.  Looking forward to seeing this one again!

The Sorcerer's Apprentice- I actually liked this one...and I usually dislike Nicolas Cage.  I could do without the apprentice's voice...that guy's voice just bugs me...but the story was good.  I think Disney would have done better to recast the two leads, though.

The Dilemma-Not truly a comedy.  It is good.  But not your typical Vince Vaughn film.  There are funny moments, but really it's more of a drama.

I Hate Valentine's Day-From the writer and actress of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, it was cute, but I feel like it could have been far better.  Just a few tweaks here and there, and it would have been a fantastic romantic comedy.

No Strings Attached-I loved it.  But I am a sucker for romantic comedies.  Worth watching for sure, but maybe not in the theaters.  It's Ashton back to his best, and Natalie Portman playing a fairly realistic character.  It was a cute movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment