Monday, October 25, 2010

R.E.D.--A Must See!

When I saw the trailer for R.E.D., I thought it would be great!  I mean, Helen Mirren using an automatic weapon!!  "The Queen" as a hit-woman!!  That alone is great!!  Throw in Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, and John Malkovich and R.E.D. is born.  This is a spectacular film about a group of retired CIA agents that are targeted because they know too much (if I tell you what about, it will throw off the film, so I'm keeping my mouth shut).


Though the entire cast is amazing, I have to say that John Malkovich steals every scene that he's in!  His character apparently was given LSD every day for 11 years, so he's a bit batty and paranoid...but rightly so...they are being followed and people are trying to kill them.  Malkovich plays this character so perfectly, and adds so much humor, I found myself just waiting to see what he would do next!

This film shows that even though people get older, they can still kick-ass!  And these Retired and Extremely Dangerous (RED) agents are certainly able to do that!  This film not only holds your attention because of the action and the government plotting, but throw in the humor and you may just have the perfect movie.  The only downside is the love connection between Bruce Willis and Mary Loise Parker. It could have been left out...she wasn't a needed part of the film, in my opinion.  She was just kind of there in the background, and then used for a hostage trade...and the 2 together as a couple wasn't that believable...but that is easily overlooked with the greatness of the rest of the film!

R.E.D is a definite MUST SEE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment